15 June 2009

Fin de Semena 2

Well it’s the second weekend already here in lovely Santa Cruz. We have reached the halfway point of our trip with quite the memorable weekend. Richard and I spent Saturday morning working on the installation while Yolanda went on a search for yarn. We met back up in the afternoon and paid a visit to the America Home Center, Bolivia’s home depot. Our purchase: an automatic staple gun, matching green hard hats, multi colored bamboo sticks. Sunday was a day of rest and studio time for Yolanda and I. Julio showed me a hidden kiln in the back of the residency house and gave me a generous amount of clay. This is a nice treat for me. I was worried about what to do for the show and thought that my ideas were too close to Richard’s work. Right now I feel stronger as an artist working with clay. Day by day working with Richard is helping me to learn how to use other materials and tools that I am not familiar with. In the future I want to adopt more of these methods into my work and branch into a mix of sculpture and ceramics.  That is all for the weekend report. 

No comments:

Post a Comment